Sadie and I just found out we were nominated for two Shine On Awards! This is so exciting, because it is our very first award. It’s a really wonderful feeling to know that people are enjoying and appreciating the things I’m posting on this blog. Two of those people, our friends and fellow bloggers from Bernie the Frenchie and Destiny’s Dog Blog, were nice enough to nominate us for this award.
So the rules of the Shine On award are as follows:
- Visit and thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for a Shine On Award, provide links to their blogs, and notify them on their blogs.
- I was terrified of dogs my entire childhood. I was always very allergic to dogs and told to stay away from them, and that made me scared. Thanks to the miracles of allergy shots and medication, I can now tolerate dogs and absolutely love them.
- I am a big night owl, which makes Sadie one as well since she usually wants to stay up with me.
- Sadie loves the deck off of my second floor bedroom. It has all the interesting smells from being outdoors, without all the worries of strange cars and people and animals.
- Sadie has her own side of my bed to sleep on every night, including her own fuzzy back rest she loves to lay against.
- Like most dogs Sadie hates the noise of the vacuum cleaner. She will sit in another room while it’s on, but the minute you shut it off she comes running up to you, tail wagging, as if thanking you for killing the noisy monster.
- Sadie can’t have stuffed animal toys anymore. She tries to eat them.
- When we go for a walk, Sadie always tries to pull me back home while we’re on our street. She can only relax and enjoy the walk once our house is out of sight and she knows I won’t turn back yet.
Now on to the nominees. I really enjoy the following 10 blogs. There are many other great blogs out there that I try to read as much as possible, but I thought these few could use some love at the moment.
- Waggy Tales
- Oh My Shih Tzu
- Fetch For Me Human
- My Kid Has Paws
- Bailey Unleashed
- Dog Mom Days
- Snoopy’s Dogblog
- Oz the Terrier
- Sheltie Times
- Tiffany’s Diamond Dogs